Mommy Makeover Maryland
Dr Adam Tattelbaum is a board-certified plastic surgeon offering mommy makeover procedures for patients in Maryland. Get in touch today to book a consultation.
The majority of Maryland mommy makeover patients desire to undergo the procedure after pregnancy or childbirth has affected their body. Many patients feel insecure with how their breasts and abdomen have been impacted by pregnancy and so desire a mommy makeover procedure to address both these areas at once.
What’s a Mommy Makeover?
While I prefer the term “postpartum restoration’ Mommy Makeover has won out with the public. It generally refers to combining the most common surgical procedures we perform to restore a woman’s body after childbearing. It usually includes breast surgery and tummy surgery.
Mommy Makeover breast surgery may include a lift, augmentation/implants, or reduction depending on the effects of childbearing. Mommy Makeover of the abdomen may include a mini or full tummy tuck or sometimes liposuction depending upon how loose the abdominal skin has become after pregnancy.
Who is a Suitable Mommy Makeover Candidate?
Generally, these procedures are performed on healthy women who have completed child bearing. Occasionally the same surgeries may be performed on patients who have had significant weight loss regardless of pregnancy status.
Will I be thin after a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover can not make a full figured person rail thin, but it can certainly make that patient more streamlined.
What Weight Should I be Before Surgery?
It is always best to be at a healthy, but also realistic weight before surgery. Starving yourself before surgery is a bad idea. Without good nutrition you won’t heal properly. Most of my patients have surgery when they are about 10 pounds from their goal weight. Best to be close to where you want to be before surgery. If you have been breast feeding it is best to allow milk to dry up before considering breast surgery. It is best to wait at least 3-6 months after delivering your last child. This gives the opportunity for the pregnancy uterus to shrink up as well as the opportunity to lose pregnancy weight.
Benefits of a Mommy Makeover Procedure
Since a mommy makeover procedure is customizable for each patient the exact benefits of the procedure will vary. However, general benefits that many Maryland mommy makeover patients can achieve include:
- Increased confidence
- More youthful looking figure
- Restoring their pre pregnancy figure
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) can accomplish three things:
1) Tummy Tuck removes fat.
2) Tummy Tuck removes extra loose skin. such as skin that is stretched after pregnancy or weight loss.
3) Tummy Tuck cancon tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall which have stretched with weight gain and loss and child bearing. Results will vary depending upon your height, weight, strength of your tissues and your genetics.
Breast Surgery can accomplish:
- Alter breast size and volume
- Help to lift and tighten the breasts to help restore pre pregnancy figure
How Much is a Mommy Makeover in Maryland?
The precise cost of a patient’s mommy makeover procedure will be dependent on the surgeries they choose to undergo. During your consultation, Dr. Tattelbaum will be able to explain the cost of your mommy makeover procedure. The common mommy makeover procedures and their prices are listed below:
- Cosmetic Surgery Consultation Fee: None
- Breast Augmentation (silicone or saline) $6,900
- Tummy Tuck $9600 (includes frontal flank liposuction as needed)
- Mini-Tummy Tuck $8600 (includes upper abdominal liposuction as needed)
- Fleur de Lis Tummy tuck $ 11,100
- Liposuction $5200 first site
- Liposuction $2,950 add’l sites
- Brow Lift $9,900 Plus cost of Endotines if needed.
- Breast lift $8800 (stand alone)
- Breast lift $6,000 (add’l w/aug)
- Breast lift (Peri) $1,900 (add’l w/aug)
- Breast lift (Crescent) $950 (add’l w/aug)
- Breast Reduction $9800 plus pathology fee- for cosmetic breast reduction only.
Mommy Makeover Before and After
This postpartum woman of two children lost the volume of her breasts after breastfeeding. The abdominal wall relaxed and the skin of the abdomen became loose. She underwent breast augmentation and full tummy tuck with tightening of the abdominal muscles. The hips were contoured through power-assisted liposuction. In this particular case, the breast implants were placed through the tummy tuck Incision which is under the underwear line.