How Much Does A Mommy Makeover Cost In Maryland?
A “mommy makeover” is one of the most popular set of surgeries in my practice. It consists of at least two procedures, combined together, to help post-partum mothers restore their pre-pregnancy bodies.
However, when new patients come into my office asking about a mommy makeover, one of their first considerations is the cost. It goes without saying that a mommy makeover is not cheap, given the number and complexity of surgeries involved.
This guide will explain the typical costs involved with a mommy makeover, so you know how much to budget and what to sort of quotes to expect. The information is tailored to my home state, Maryland, but can apply nationally too.
What is the cost of a mommy makeover in Maryland?
A mommy makeover will commonly include several surgical procedures, each aimed at addressing the effects of childbirth on different areas of a woman’s body. Primarily, this includes the breasts and the abdomen.
This means the cost of a mommy makeover in Maryland will depend on the procedures a patient chooses to include. At the lower end of the scale, you can expect to pay $15,000 – $20,000. When there are more procedures involved, you can expect costs to range between $20,000 and $30,000.
For comparison, the American Society for Plastic Surgery states that the national average cost of a mommy makeover is upwards of $20,000. This puts Maryland in line with the rest of the nation.
How does the cost breakdown?
At my practice, the typical prices for each individual procedure usually offered in a mommy makeover are as follows:
- Breast Augmentation: $7,500
- Breast Lift: $10,000
- Breast Reduction: $10,000
- Tummy Tuck: Ranging from $10,000 to $12,000
- Liposuction: $5,000, plus more for extra sites
However, these costs reflect the price of the procedure by itself. At my practice, we offer discounts when multiple procedures are combined together. This is common practice, which you’ll find at most clinics.
What factors influence the cost?
There are two main factors that affect the cost of a mommy makeover.
The first and foremost is the number and type of procedures included. The more procedures you combine, the higher the cost. Above, we’ve highlighted some of the traditional and most common procedures included in a mommy makeover. However, some patients will wish to add other procedures too, like a butt or facelift.
The second factor is the fees. Keep an eye on the fees because not all practices will be transparent about which are included in their quote. The fees are:
- Surgeon’s fee: Prices will vary between surgeons, reflecting their level of expertise and reputation.
- Anesthesia Costs: Anesthesia costs include the price of the anesthesia itself (a mommy makeover will require general anesthesia, which is more expensive than local anesthesia) and the fee for the professional administering it.
- Facility Costs: The location where the surgery is performed plays a crucial role in determining the overall cost. Hospitals often have higher fees than outpatient surgical centers due to the resources they provide for various medical emergencies and complications, but either way, it’s crucial to consider the accreditation and quality of the facility for your safety and the success of the surgery.
Understanding the costs involved in a mommy makeover can help you decide between surgeons and make an informed decision. So it’s well worth taking the time to read up on the different fees before comparing quotes.
And remember, this is your body and health at the end of the day. You want to be very careful about who you trust, so the cheapest quotes should be viewed with a critical eye. At the same time, if a practice is the most expensive, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re the best (they might just be passing on high facility costs to the patient).
If you want a fair, transparent quote for a mommy makeover, get in touch with our team. We provide free consultations, followed up with a clear and accurate estimate tailored to your unique needs and desired outcomes.