Mommy Makeover North Virginia
North Virginia mommy makeover patients generally wish to undergo surgery to restore their body after pregnancy and breastfeeding has altered their figure. Previous mommy makeover patients have rated the procedure a 95% worth-it rating on RealSelf due to the potential benefits of undergoing the procedure.
- What is a Mommy Makeover Procedure?
- Breast Surgery
- Tummy Tuck Procedures
- What are the Benefits of a Mommy Makeover?
- Who is a Suitable Mommy Makeover Candidate?
- Recovering from a Mommy Makeover Procedure
- How much is a Mommy Makeover in North Virginia?
- Potential Risks
- Mommy Makeover Before and After
- Schedule a Consultation
- Directions from North Virginia to our Rockville Office
What is a Mommy Makeover Procedure?
Dr. Tattelbaum often refers to mommy makeover procedures as ‘postpartum restoration’ as they are performed on women who have given birth and wish to restore areas of their figure. A mommy makeover procedure typically includes a breast surgery and a tummy tuck procedure as these tend to be the main areas affected by pregnancy and childbirth.
There are a range of concerns that patients may wish to address as pregnancy and breastfeeding can impact a woman’s breasts in different ways. The potential breast surgeries that are performed as part of a patient’s mommy makeover procedure include:
Breast Augmentation– this procedure is performed on mommy makeover patients who have concerns over reduced breast volume following pregnancy or breastfeeding. Typically breast implant surgery is performed where implants are inserted into the breast to enhance the patient’s breast size to the desired extent.
Breast Lift – it is very common for mommy makeover patients to have concerns over the position of their breasts as they have sagged from breastfeeding. A breast lift can remove any excess skin and breast tissue to tighten and lift the breasts to help restore a more youthful appearance.
Breast Reduction- in some cases, mommy makeover patients desire a breast reduction as they have large breasts that could have increased in volume due to pregnancy. This procedure removes excess breast tissue to achieve a reduced and often lifted appearance.
Tummy Tuck Procedures
Mommy makeover procedures generally combine breast surgery with tummy tuck procedures, as these are the main areas usually impacted by pregnancy. Since a woman’s abdomen stretches and expands during pregnancy it is common for excess skin to be left across a woman’s stomach. Additionally, the abdominal muscles or the abdominal wall can be weakened. This is why many mommy makeover patients choose to have a tummy tuck procedure as part of their surgery. There are multiple types of tummy tuck procedures including mini tummy tucks, that merely address the lower region of the abdomen, full tummy tuck that address the upper and lower abdomen and extended tummy tucks. During your consultation, Dr. Tattelbaum will assess your individual needs and be able to advise on the most suitable surgery for your needs.
What are the Benefits of a Mommy Makeover?
The specific benefits that mommy makeover patients experience will depend on their personal surgical goals and needs. Since a mommy makeover is customizable there are a variety of potential benefits or outcomes including enhanced, reduced or lifted breasts. However, some of the main potential benefits of undergoing a mommy makeover procedure include:
- Can help to restore your figure following pregnancy
- Is fully customizable so can address specific concerns
- Can treat a range of concerns in one procedure
- Increased confidence
- Is often more convenient to undergo the multiple procedures together
- Addresses concerns over a patient’s breasts and abdomen
- Can have long-term or even permanent results
Who is a Suitable Mommy Makeover Candidate?
Potentially suitable mommy makeover candidates tend to include those who:
- Have finished bearing children
- Have given birth at least 3 to 6 months earlier (to ensure that the patient can safely undergo surgery and to allow time for the uterus to shrink)
- Are in good physical health
- Are within 30% of your ideal body weight or around 10 pounds from your goal weight
- Do not smoke
- Have concerns regarding more than one area of their figure
Recovering from a Mommy Makeover Procedure
Dr. Tattelbaum will explain the recovery period and aftercare instructions for each of the procedures you are undergoing. It is important to follow the specific instructions given to you for each area as the aftercare steps will vary for surgery on the breasts compared to the stomach. Additionally, the specific aftercare instructions will also vary depending on which surgical procedure or technique was performed on that area. It is important that potential North Virginia mommy makeover patients research the recovery period for each procedure they plan to undergo so they are well prepared for the potential side effects and necessary aftercare steps.
It is also recommended that patients get prepared before their surgery, including sorting their prescriptions for pain medications they may need after surgery, their recovery area and plans for childcare. Patients usually take at least two weeks off work and usually, recovery from the procedure can take up to a month. Compression garments are likely to be necessary for some areas after surgery to help with swelling. Dr. Tattelbaum will explain where compression garments will be needed and can advise on how long to wear them for.
How much is a Mommy Makeover in North Virginia?
It is difficult to provide an exact cost for a mommy makeover procedure because the cost will depend on the exact surgeries being performed as well as the specific surgical techniques. Dr. Tattelbaum will be able to provide you with the exact cost of your mommy makeover procedure after he has assessed your needs during your consultation. The average cost of the various surgeries often included in a mommy makeover procedure includes:
- Tummy Tuck $8900 (includes frontal flank liposuction as needed)
- Mini-Tummy Tuck $7,900 (includes upper abdominal liposuction as needed)
- Fleur-de-Lis Tummy tuck $9900
- Liposuction $4,600 first site
- Liposuction $2,800 add’l sites
- Breast lift $7,900 (stand-alone)
- Breast Augmentation (saline) $5,600
- Breast Augmentation (silicone) $6,600 includes implant funnel
Since a mommy makeover procedure combines multiple surgical procedures the total cost of your surgery may include a discount. There are various financing options available, call 301-804-6832 or 703-565-2658 for details or view our Fees Page.
All cosmetic procedures have the potential to cause medical complications. The exact risks of undergoing a mommy makeover procedure depend on which specific surgeries are being performed. It is very important that potential North Virginia mommy makeover patients research all the potential risks and complications that can arise from the surgeries they wish to undergo. Some of the potential risks from a mommy makeover procedure include:
- Fluid accumulation
- Fat necrosis
- Loss of sensation in the nipple
Mommy Makeover Before and After
This post partum woman of two children lost the volume of her breasts after breastfeeding. The abdominal wall relaxed and the skin of the abdomen became loose. She underwent breast augmentation and full tummy tuck surgery with tightening of the abdominal muscles. The hips were contoured through power-assisted liposuction. In this particular case, the breast implants were placed through the tummy tuck incision which is under the underwear line.
This post partum woman had a breast lift and tummy tuck as part of her mommy makeover.
Schedule a Consultation
Any potential North Virginia mommy makeover patients should spend time considering their surgical goals and researching the various procedure options as well as ensure they see a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon. Contact Us to book a consultation with Dr. Tattelbaum, a Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon who always provides his patients with expert advice on which procedures, if any, are most suitable for his patient’s needs.
Directions from North Virginia to our Rockville Office
Get on 1-66 W in Arlington from Lincoln Ave and Fairfax Dr
- Head north-east on N Virginia Ave towards Great Falls St (0.1 mi)
- Turn left onto Great Falls St (0.1 mi)
- Sharp right onto Lincoln Ave (0.3 mi)
- Continue onto Fairfax Dr (0.4 mi)
- Use the left lane to turn left onto Langston Blvd
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Washington Blvd (0.2 mi)
- Use the left 2 lanes to take the slip road onto I-66 W (0.2 mi)
Take VA-267 W, I-495 N and I-270 Spur N to Tower Oaks Blvd in North Bethesda. Take exit 4 from I-270 N
- Merge onto I-66 W (Toll road) (1.0 mi)
- Keep right at the fork to continue on VA-267 W, follow signs for Dulles Arpt/I-495 N/Baltimore (2.1 mi)
- Use the right lane to take the VA-267 W exit towards I-495 (0.2 mi)
- Continue onto VA-267 W (0.5 mi)
- Take exit 18 to merge onto I-495 N towards Baltimore (6.7 mi)
- Keep left at the fork to continue on I-270 Spur N, follow signs for I-270 (2.1 mi)
- Merge onto I-270 N (0.9 mi)
- Take exit 4 for I-270/Montrose Road (0.2 mi)
- Keep right to continue on Exit 4A (0.5 mi), follow signs for Tower Oaks Blvd
Continue on Tower Oaks Blvd to your destination in Rockville
- Turn right onto Tower Oaks Blvd (0.2 mi)
- Turn right