Breast Augmentation Washington DC
- Types of Breast Implants
- Natural-looking Breast Implants
- Gummy Bear Breast Implants
- Teardrop Breast Implants
- Under Muscle Breast Implant Surgery
- Who is a Suitable Candidate?
- Breast Augmentation Recovery
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Tips
- How much do Breast Implants Cost in Washington, D.C.?
- Breast Implants – Safety
- Breast Implants – Potential Risks
- Breast Implants – Before and After
- Schedule a Consultation
- Directions from Washington, D.C. to our Mclean Office
A breast augmentation procedure is performed to enhance a patient’s breast size and has been given a 97% worth-it rating on RealSelf from previous bread augmentation patients. Breast implants come in various shapes, sizes and in different materials so that the procedure can be customized to suit each patient’s needs and body shape.
Natural-looking Breast Implants
The potential size of your implants will be dependent on your original breast size. Your starting breast shape and size affects the size of the implant to be placed. The size of implants\ is determined by the patients goals, starting size height and hips. Dr. Tattelbaum will be able to suggest suitable sized implants for your particular needs and body shape during your consultation.
Many patients desiring breast enhancement surgery request a natural-looking result. This can be achieved by choosing a suitable size for your figure as well as choosing a shape and projection that will look natural and suit your proportions. Dr. Tattelbaum will be able to help you to choose a natural-looking implant to ensure you feel comfortable with your result.
Gummy Bear Breast Implants
The material of breast implants varies and each brings its potential benefits. The two main implant materials are silicone and saline. Saline implants tend to have a silicone implant shell and are filled with a saltwater solution. Silicone implants also have a silicone shell but are filled with a silicone gel solution. This means that the feel of these implants will vary. Additionally, the implants have different FDA approved ages as those aged over 18 are FDA approved for saline implants but only patients over 22 are FDA approved for silicone implants.
Gummy bear breast implants are a specific type of silicone implant that is filled with a thicker silicone gel and some are textured. Teardrop implants have the thickest silicone gel inside as it is important that the implant retains its specific shape.
Teardrop Breast Implants
Teardrop implants are a specific shape of implant that some patients opt for since it helps them achieve a more natural result for their body shape. Since teardrop implants are smaller at the top and bigger at the bottom, the implant needs to remain in position to ensure the shape is achieved in the breast. This is why teardrop-shaped implants have a textured, rather than smooth, surface so that they can stick inside the breast and are more likely to remain in position. Most patients tend to choose round-shaped implants and Dr. Tattelbaum generally prefers to use these implants since their shape is not impacted if the implant rotates.
Under Muscle Breast Implant Surgery
Breast implant surgery is performed by creating an incision line so that the implant can be inserted. There are four main incision sites that can be used including below the areola, underneath the breast, through the armpit or through a Tummy Tuck. Dr. Tattelbaum will discuss the incision sites possible for the type of breast implants you are having inserted and ensure you are comfortable with this site and any scarring.
The implant will then be inserted and can be placed underneath or above the patient’s pectoral muscles. Dr. Tattelbaum generally prefers to perform breast implant surgery under the muscle which is called submuscular, since it tends to achieve a more natural result. Additionally, this technique reduces the chance of a patient developing capsular contracture.
The breast implants are inserted into the ‘pocket’ in the breast. If saline implants are used then the implants are filled once they have been inserted into the breast. Silicone implants are prefilled meaning that they are already filled before they are placed in the breasts.
Who is a Suitable Candidate?
Those who are likely to be suitable candidates for a breast augmentation procedure will desire to enhance their breasts, alter their breast shape or increase the symmetry of their breasts. Some factors that might make a suitable Washington, D.C. breast augmentation candidate include:
- Being in good physical health
- Feel insecure over their breast size
- Do not smoke
- Are not breastfeeding
- Are the FDA approved age for the implant type they desire (at least 18 for saline and at least 22 for silicone implants)
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Each patient is different but most Washington, D.C. breast augmentation patients tend to take about a week off work and are instructed to avoid strenuous activity for 3 weeks. After the surgery, it is normal for patients to experience swelling as well as pain in their breasts which is why pain medication tends to be prescribed after the procedure. We begin a massage regimen one week after surgery.
In general, the more muscular the patient and the larger the implant the more sore the patient is likely to be after their surgery. Additionally, Healthline explains that when the implants are placed under the muscle, patients tend to experience more tightness or aching in their chest as the muscles will need to stretch and relax. Dr. Tattelbaum advises that avoiding pectoral exercises a few weeks before surgery can make the recovery period easier.
Breast Augmentation Recovery Tips
Dr. Tattelbaum will explain the recovery process for your breast augmentation in more detail, and any questions or concerns can be addressed during your consultation. Some general breast augmentation recovery tips for patients include:
- Have your pain medication that has been prescribed easily accessible
- Make sure to get plenty of rest and sleep
- Organise your new wardrobe for after the surgery, have a bra that fits your new size
- Stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- Avoid smoking or drinking any alcohol during your recovery
- Wear loose clothing
- Eat healthy foods
- Prepare your recovery area before undergoing the procedure
- Cold compresses can be applied to the breasts to reduce swelling
- Patients should try to sleep in an upright position so that fluid does not build in the ches
How much do Breast Implants Cost in Washington, D.C.?
The exact cost of your breast implant surgery can vary depending on numerous factors such as the implant type, size, and shape. Dr. Tattelbaum has two different prices for saline and silicone implants:
- Breast Augmentation (saline) $5,600
- Breast Augmentation (silicone) $6,600 includes implant funnel
Many Washington, D.C. breast augmentation patients chose to combine their procedure with a Breast Lift to resolve issues over their breasts sagging in addition to their volume. For more information on the costs of other procedures, you can view our Fees Page
Breast Implants – Safety
Both saline and silicone implants have been FDA approved after extensive clinical testing has shown they are safe to use. This testing showed that despite prior fears, due to lack of information, silicone implants do not cause breast cancer or systemic diseases and many patients can safely breastfeed with these implants. For more information on the safety of breast implants please view our Breast Implant Safety Page.
Breast Implants – Potential Risks
All surgical procedures come with the possibility of various risks occurring as a result of the procedure. Breast implant surgery has the potential risks of:
- Capsular contracture,
Breast Implants – Before and After
Common sense C size breast, sub muscular saline 330 CC where the curve of the implant balances with the curve of the hip.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in having a breast augmentation procedure to enhance your breast size you can book a consultation with a double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Tattelbaum. Dr. Tattelbaum has vast experience as a breast surgeon and provides all his patients with honest surgical advice to help them achieve their goals. Find out more or Contact Us to book a consultation.
Directions from Washington, D.C. to our McLean Office
Take M St NW and Connecticut Ave NW to K St NW (4 mins)
- Head south-east on Scott Cir NW towards Rhode Island Ave NW
- Exit the roundabout onto 16th St NW
- Turn right onto M St NW
- Turn left onto Connecticut Ave NW
Take George Washington Memorial Pkwy to Chain Bridge Rd in McLean
Take the exit towards McLean from George Washington Memorial Pkwy (13 mins)
- Sharp right onto K St NW
- Continue straight onto US-29 S
- Turn right onto M St NW (signs for Key Br)
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto US-29 S/Francis Scott Key Bridge/Key Bridge
- i. Continue to follow US-29 S, entering Virginia
- Turn right to merge onto George Washington Memorial Pkwy
- Take the exit towards McLean
Take Dolley Madison Blvd to your destination (8 mins)
- Merge onto Chain Bridge Rd
- Continue onto Dolley Madison Blvd
- Turn left onto Beverly Rd
- Turn right onto Fleetwood Rd
- Turn left onto Elm St
- Turn right
- Turn left
- Destination will be on the left
Directions from Washington D.C. to our Rockville Office
Get on I-66 W from 16th St NW, 17th St NW and E St Expy
- Head south-east on Scott Cir NW towards Rhode Island Ave NW
- Exit the roundabout onto 16th St NW
- Turn right onto I St NW
- Turn left onto 17th St NW
- Turn right onto New York Ave NW
- Continue onto E St NW/Rawlings Square NW
- Use the left lane to continue on E St Expy
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-66 W and merge onto I-66 W
Take George Washington Memorial Pkwy, I-495 N and I-270 Spur N to Tower Oaks Blvd in North Bethesda. Take exit 4 from I-270 N
- Merge onto I-66 W
- Take the Arlington Blvd/G W Parkway exit
- Keep right, follow signs for George Washington Memorial Parkway
- Take the exit onto I-495 N towards Maryland
- Keep left at the fork to continue on I-270 Spur N, follow signs for I-270
- Merge onto I-270 N
- Take exit 4 for I-270/Montrose Road
- Keep right to continue on Exit 4A, follow signs for Tower Oaks Blvd
Follow Tower Oaks Blvd to your destination in Rockville
- Turn right onto Tower Oaks Blvd