How Much Does Breast Reduction Cost In Maryland?
Breast reduction, while perhaps less popular than a breast augmentation or lift, is a significant and life-enhancing procedure for many. Not only can it improve aesthetic proportions, but it also offers relief from physical issues such as back pain, posture problems, and discomfort during physical activity.
Like augmentation, breast reduction is also a common procedure in the United States. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons reported it as one of the top five cosmetic surgical procedures in recent years.
But what does it cost to have a breast reduction in Maryland?
Breast Reduction Cost In Maryland
In Maryland, the price range for breast reduction typically falls between $8,000 and $10,000. However, this should only be a guiding benchmark for the region – it can vary based on several factors, including your goals, personal situation, and starting point. For example, you may wish to combine with other procedures, which will increase the price.
Nationally, across the US, the average cost for a breast reduction is around $6,300, according to data from the Aesthetic Society. However, this figure does not account for additional necessary expenses such as anesthesia and facility fees.
As you can already see, it’s important to know what’s included in a price. At our practice, our quotes are all-inclusive, meaning everything is accounted for within one price – the surgical fee, the facility, the anesthesiologist, and the aftercare. Our prices typically fall within the average stated above.
What Influences The Cost?
- Surgeon’s Expertise: The qualifications and reputation of the plastic surgeon play a significant role. Surgeons who specialize in breast reduction and have a track record of successful outcomes may charge more for their expertise.
- Surgical Technique: Different techniques for breast reduction exist, such as the traditional anchor incision, vertical incision, or scar-less methods. Each technique varies in complexity and resources required, impacting the cost.
- Amount of Reduction: The extent of the breast reduction can affect the price. Larger reductions that involve more tissue removal and contouring may increase the cost due to the increased complexity and operating time.
- Combined Procedures: Sometimes, breast reduction is performed alongside other procedures, such as a breast lift, which can raise the overall price.
- Geographic Location: Costs can vary significantly by region. In Maryland, for example, urban centers with higher costs of living may have more expensive surgery prices than rural areas.
- Facility Quality: The quality and accreditation of the facility where the surgery is performed can influence cost. State-of-the-art facilities with higher standards for patient care may result in higher fees. Obviously, this is not something to try and save a few dollars on – make sure the facility you choose has excellent standards.
- Anesthesia: The cost of anesthesia can vary depending on the length of the surgery and the type of anesthesia used. Longer procedures require more anesthesia, which can increase costs. A standard breast reduction takes around 2-3 hours, which isn’t too long. But more complex reductions, or a combination with other procedures, can increase the time it takes.
Choosing to undergo breast reduction is a major decision that should not be based solely on cost. The surgeon’s qualifications, the safety of the facility, and the anticipated quality of the outcome are paramount considerations.
We encourage an open dialogue with our patients about the full cost breakdown, available financial plans, or potential packages. This ensures that patients are fully informed and can make the best decision for their health, well-being, and budget.